(803) 531-3888 | Five Star Attorney In Orangeburg SC

Oct 02, 2018 10937times

Workers Compensation

Rate this item
(1 Vote)
Workers Compensation www.pintas.com

If you have been hurt at your job, workers' compensation laws allow you certain benefits. These benefits can involve reimbursement of medical bills, payment while you're incapable of work, rehabilitation, permanent partial disability privileges, or total disability privileges. Your employer's workers' compensation insurance is liable for paying these benefits.

Injuries usually covered by workers' compensation include:

1. Traumatic physical injuries
2. Work-related illnesses
3. Mental injuries
4. Repeated trauma injuries

If You've Been Hurt on the Job

If you're hurt while at work or generate a work-related disease, you should inform your employer as soon as possible. Deadlines will differ from state to state, but your eligibility to obtain benefits may be restricted if you wait to inform your employer.

Find out the name of your employer's workers' compensation insurance carrier. You should still get medical treatment and seek workers' compensation with or without this knowledge, but it may be simpler if you identify the name of the insurance carrier.

You should seek medical treatment for your injury immediately. Make sure to inform the doctor that your damage happened on the job or in relation to your job. Once you've got medical treatment for your injury or work-related disease, you should consider communicating with a workers' comp lawyer to assist in guiding you throughout the process of applying for workers' compensation.

After you've obtained medical treatment, make sure that you notify your employer, in writing, before the deadline to get workers' compensation benefits.

Types of Workers' Compensation Benefits

Workers compensation laws differ from state to state. A workers' compensation lawyer in your city should be able to describe to you the application process and the benefits you are entitled to.

If you get workers' compensation following an injury, you cannot sue your employer for extra payment in relationship with your injury. However, you may, be capable of filing a lawsuit against others involved. A workers' compensation attorney can inform you of your legal options.

Last modified on Tuesday, 02 October 2018 17:19


   Gerald J. Davis is a trial attorney and Vietnam Veteran. He received his law degree from the University of South Carolina in 1997.Mr. Davis retired as a “State Trooper” from the State of South Carolina in 1994. During his tenure with the Highway Patrol, he investigated accidents and made arrests for various criminal and traffic violations. This valuable experience makes him uniquely qualified as a trial attorney to represent his clients with knowledge and skills gained from all sides of a wide spectrum of diverse issues.

Leave a comment

Make sure you enter all the required information, indicated by an asterisk (*). HTML code is not allowed.


Information found on this Website is not, nor is it intended to be, legal advice.

You should consult an attorney regarding your individual situation.

Go to top